Organic and non-GMO
Posted: January 28, 2016
Categories: Toxins, Natural Lifestyle, About Healing Scents
Here are two questions I receive from time-to-time. I would like to address them here for all of my customers. "Are your products Organic and non-GMO? Why don't you get certified?" 95% of our ingredients are non-gmo. The other 5%, I'm not positive about. As far as organic; I purchase them when the price is comparable. To become certified organic, and non-gmo is very costly and labor intensive. Frankly, the majority of my customers could not afford our products if we were to go that route. Our prices would probably about double. Many of our customers can barely afford the cost of our products now. The amount of paperwork and "hoops" to jump through is amazing. I have checked it out. Did you know that the "organic" designation is a trademark owned by the USDA? There are certain chemical pesticides, fungicides and fertilizers that are allowed on organic fields. The rain is coming down through our chemical-laden atmosphere and layering these "organic" items with the same chemicals as non organic. Tests have shown that organic produce has 95% of the same chemicals as non-organic produce. To my thinking, 5% is not worth the extra costs. Blessings and Peace, Kathleen
I just wanted to say how thankful I am for your products!! I have tried many " natural" deodorants and haven't had success in the past. But the toxin free deodorant in the jar is my favorite. It lasts a long time, but works great all the way until the end. I'm super excited to start trying some of the make up and lotions now. Keep up the amazing work!
Jan 07, 2017 10:44